Pre Enrolment Information

Pre Enrolment Information to Study at Victorian Institute of Education

For all applications for Offer letters, pls email to our Admissions Team on [email protected]. For COE & GTE Enquiries, email to [email protected]

Victorian Institute of Education has the following general entry requirements.

International students must:

  • Be at least 17 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent except for CERTIII in Individual Support course where Year 11 or equivalent may be eligible.
  • Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
  • Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
    • Educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country; or
    • Successful completion of an English Placement Test

*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.

1.  International Application Form

Send the completed student application form along with: Certified copies of academic documents, English Language Documents, and Proof of Identity-Passport to: [email protected] or your agent.

2. Application Assessment

Once your application is received, we will assess it to check whether you meet the English language and academic entry requirements for your choosen course programme.

3. Letter of Offer

If the application for the course is approved, we will send you a letter of Offer. It will include course start dates, payment details, airport arrival and accommodation information etc.

4. Tuition Fee Payment

Your Fee payment details are included in your letter of Offer. Please ensure you have read and understood the VIE refund policy before making your tuition fee payment to VIE.

5.  Apply for a Student Visa

Once your fee payment is received, we will issue you with a fee receipt to support your student visa application. More information on the student visa application. More information on student visa requirements at:

6. Pre-Departure

Plan to arrive in Australia and at VIE in time to attend the International Student Orientation session. Once you have booked your flights, organise airport pick up and your accommodation at least 14 working days before you arrive.

7. VIE Orientation Programme

You will be required to join other international students for the VIE Orientation programme, finalise your enrolment process and commence your course studies. For student enquiries: [email protected]

Apply Now

Australia has a special system of health cover for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). You will need to buy OSHC before you come to Australia to cover you from when you arrive. The Department of Immigration and Citizenship requires you to maintain OSHC for the duration of your time on a student visa in Australia.

You can choose to take out OSHC with a provider recommended by us, or with the Australian OSHC provider of your choice. These are providers of OSHC in Australia. Visit these websites to find detailed information on what they cover and to decide which provider is right for you.

Your OSHC will help you pay for any medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying in Australia, and it will contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines, and an ambulance in an emergency.

For more information on what your OSHC insurance covers, as well as what to do if you need treatment, refer to the Department of Health and Ageing’s (DoHA) Frequently Asked Questions.

OSHC does not cover dental, optical or physiotherapy. If you want to be covered for these treatments you will need to buy additional private health insurance, such as:

  • Extra OSHC provided by some OSHC providers;
  • International travel insurance; or
  • General treatment cover with any Australian private health insurer. You can find a list of these providers and search for the one that suits you best at or

VIE can refer you to a homestay agency who can assist you with accommodation. Hostel accommodation is also a good choice for international students, especially in the first months of their arrival in Sydney. Usually, a hostel gives students a small, furnished room with access to a shared bathroom, laundry, lounge, and recreational activities. Some hostels also provide computer access. It is recommended that you look at two or three properties prior to making a decision. Many hostels are privately run and therefore come under the Rooming House Act. If you sign a lease, you are protected by the Residential Tenancies Act. Renting an apartment or flat varies greatly in cost and conditions. For a long-term stay, it is strongly advised that you become familiar with the suburb or area. For purposes of bond payment and moving arrangements, you will need to sign a lease agreement. For this reason, you are advised to use short term accommodation while you become more familiar with Sydney. Share accommodation is also popular with young Australians and international students. This gives you the opportunity to improve your English, if necessary, and to learn more about Sydney, and other countries.

Apply Now

Fiji & Pacific Islander Eligibility Requirements:

Talk With Us

We have an expert team who are dedicated support and guide you every step the way.

Testimonials & Stories

💬 Need help?